1. We have access to God's grace. Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye
saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Ephesians 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
2. We are adopted into the family of God as God's sons. Galatians 4:5
To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of
Ephesians 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
3. We have an inheritance. 1 Peter 1:3-4 Blessed be the God and Father
of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us
again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To
an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved
in heaven for you,
Colossians 3:24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
4. We are elected (chosen), (only those IN Christ). Ephesians 1:4
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that
we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
1 Peter 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
5. We become a child of God. John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
6. We get Heavenly citizenship. Ephesians 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
7. We become an heir of God. Galatians 3:29 And if ye be Christ's,
then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
8. We become a new creature. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man
be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all
things are become new.
Galatians 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
9. We become a servant of God. Romans 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
10. We become a priest of God. 1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
11. We are reconciled to God. Romans 5:10 For if, when we were
enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being
reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
12. We are Sanctified. 1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you:
but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of
the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
13. We are accepted in the beloved. Ephesians 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
14. We are baptized into Christ's body. 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one
Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles,
whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. (There is no water baptism mentioned within 8 chapters in either direction).
There is no connection of the baptism of 1 Corinthians 12 to the baptism of Acts 2:38.
15. We are a love gift to the Son. John 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
16. We are buried with Christ. Colossians 2:10-12 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
17. We are indwelt by Christ. John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
18. We posses eternal life. John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
19. We are saved by Christ. Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the
Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
20. We have peace with God. Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
21. We become a friend of God. John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
22. We have our name recorded in the book of life in heaven. Luke
10:20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto
you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
Philippians 4:3 And I entreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life.
23. We are seated with Christ in heavenly places. Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
24. We receive a blessed hope. Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
25. We come in fellowship with the Trinity. 1 John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
26. We have a mansion prepared in glory. John 14:2 In my Father's
house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to
prepare a place for you. (This becomes ours the moment we receive Christ.)
27. We are born again. John 3:3-7 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. (Again no water baptism.)
28. We are anointed by the Holy Spirit. 1 John 2:27 But the anointing
which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach
you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is
no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.
29. We are sealed by the Holy Spirit. Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also
trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in
whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of
Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
30. Our body becomes the temple of the Holy Ghost. 1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
31. We are given spiritual gifts by the Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians 12
Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant. Ye know
that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God
calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by
the Holy Ghost. Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And
there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. And there are
diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. But
the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For to
one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge
by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of
healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another
prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues;
to another the interpretation of tongues: But all these worketh that one and the
selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. For as the body is
one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many,
are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one
body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been
all made to drink into one Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many. If
the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it
therefore not of the body? And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I
am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? If the whole body were an
eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath
pleased him. And if they were all one member, where were the body? But now are
they many members, yet but one body. And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I
have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are
necessary: And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable,
upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more
abundant comeliness. For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered
the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:
That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the
same care one for another. And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer
with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it. Now ye are
the body of Christ, and members in particular. And God hath set some in the
church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that
miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of
miracles? Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all
interpret? But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet show I unto you a more
(These gifts still apply with he exception of the sign gifts given to Israel. God stopped dealing with Israel and these sign gifts are now being counterfeited by Satan - 2 Thessalonians 2:1-6 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.)
32. We are indwelt by the Holy Spirit. Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit
of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ
from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth
2 Timothy 1:14 That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.
1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
33. We are forgiven. Luke 7:48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.
34. We are justified. Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith,
we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
35. We are redeemed. Revelation 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying,
Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast
slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and
tongue, and people, and nation;
1 Peter 1:18-19 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
36. We have an advocate (attorney for defense). 1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
37. We have the possibility of getting victory over sin. Romans 6:1-2
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God
forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Romans 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. (Read all of chapter 6.)
38. We become an ambassador for Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.