Back to Doctrine Reports
Back to the Way of Life Home Page
Way of Life Literature Online Catalog
You Can Own a High-tech Research Database Many Times Larger than the Way of Life Literature Web Site
[Distributed by Way of Life Literature's Fundamental Baptist Information Service. Copyright 1996. These articles cannot be stored on BBS or Internet sites without express permission from the author. The articles cannot be sold or placed by themselves or with other material in any electronic format for sale, but may be distributed for free by e-mail or by print. They must be left intact and nothing removed or changed, including these informational headers. This is a listing for Fundamental Baptists and other fundamentalist, Bible-believing Christians. Our goal is not devotional. OUR PRIMARY PURPOSE IS TO PROVIDE INFORMATION TO ASSIST PREACHERS IN THE PROTECTION OF THE CHURCHES IN THIS APOSTATE HOUR. If you desire to receive this type of material on a regular basis, e-mail us, tell us who you are and where you are located, and request to be placed on the list. Also include your postal address and the name of the church of which you are a member. Please note that we take up a quarterly offering to fund this ministry, and you will be expected to participate. To unsubscribe or to submit a change of address, send your full name and the request to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is not an automated list. Changes in the database often require two to four days. Some of these articles are from O Timothy magazine. David W. Cloud, Editor. O Timothy is a monthly magazine in its 16th year of publication. Subscription is $20/yr. Way of Life Literature, 1701 Harns Rd., Oak Harbor, WA 98277. The Way of Life web site is http://wayoflife.org/~dcloud. The End Times Apostasy Online Database is located at this web site. (360) 675-8311 (voice), 240-8347 (fax). email@example.com (e-mail)]
March 3, 1996 (David W. Cloud, Fundamental Baptist Information Service, 1701 Harns Rd., Oak Harbor, WA 98277) - For the following reasons we are confident that a born again child of God is eternally secure in Jesus Christ. We don't argue with these verses; we rejoice in them, and have for 22 years. All praise and glory to Jesus Christ our Saviour for purchasing such a great salvation.
1. BECAUSE OF THE TERMS USED TO DESCRIBE SALVATION. "Eternal life" (Jn. 3:16; 1 Jn. 5:11); "full assurance" (He. 6:11; Col. 2:2); "strong consolation" (He. 6:18); "hope ... sure and stedfast" (He. 6:19).
2. BECAUSE OF WHAT WE ARE. All of the following are spoken of in the present tense; this is the present condition of each true believer (1) Forgiven (Ro. 4:7; 1 Jn. 2:12). (2) Justified (Ro. 5:1,9; Tit. 3:7) (3) Risen with Christ (Ro. 6:3-6; Col. 3:1,2). (4) Reconciled (Ro. 5:10). (5) Accepted in the beloved (Ep. 1:6). (6) Saved (Ep. 2:8,9; 2 Ti. 1:9). (7) Citizens of Heaven (Ph. 3:20). (8) Children of light (1 Th. 5:5). (9) Not of the world (Jn. 17:16). (10) Elect (1 Pe. 1:2). (11) Born again (1 Pe. 1:2,23). (12) New creation (2 Co. 5:17). (13) Complete in Him (Col. 2:10). (14) Sanctified once for all (He. 10:10). (15) Perfected forever (He. 10:14). (16) Passed from death unto life (1 Jn. 3:14). (17) Sanctified in Christ (1 Co. 1:2). (18) Light in the Lord (Ep. 5:8). (19) A child of God forever (Ro. 8:15; Ga. 4:4-7; 1 Jn. 3:1). (20) Made fit for Heaven (Col. 1:12).
3. BECAUSE OF WHERE WE ARE. (1) In the heavenlies with Christ (Ep. 2:5-6). (2) In God's family (Ga. 3:26; 1 Jn. 3:2). (3) Translated into the kingdom of His dear Son (Col. 1:13). (4) Brought near (Ep. 2:13).
4. BECAUSE OF WHAT WE HAVE. (1) Peace with God (Ro. 5:1). (2) Eternal life (Jn. 3:16). (3) Sealing of the Holy Spirit (Ep. 1:12-14). (4) All spiritual blessings (Ep. 1:3). (5) Access to God (Ep. 2:18). (6) An Advocate with the Father (1 Jn. 2:1-2). (7) Eternal redemption (He. 9:12). (8) Forgiveness of sins (Ep. 1:7; Col. 1:14; 2:13). (9) Mercy (1 Pe. 2:10). (10) Eternal glory (2 Ti. 2:10). (11) Everlasting consolation (2 Th. 2:16). (12) An Intercessor in Heaven (Ro. 8:34).
5. BECAUSE OF WHAT IS PAST. (1) The law of sin and death (Ro. 8:2). (2) Death and wrath (Col. 3:3; Ro. 6:11; 1 Th. 5:9). (3) Condemnation (Jn. 5:24). (4) Night and darkness (1 Th. 5:5).
6. BECAUSE OF OUR PROMISES. (1) The glory of God (Ro. 5:2). This speaks of Christ's kingdom glory (2) Redemption of the body (Ro. 8:23-24; Ph. 3:21). (3) Never perish (Jn. 10:27-28). (4) Predestinated to be conformed to the image of Christ (Ro. 8:28- 29). (5) Shall appear with Christ in glory (Col. 3:3-4). (6) Not appointed to wrath but to salvation (1 Th. 5:9). (7) Delivered from the wrath to come (1 Th. 1:10). (8) Incorruptible inheritance (1 Pe. 1:4). (9) He that hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ (Ph. 1:6). (10) Shall never die (Jn. 11:26). (11) Glorious liberty of the children of God (Ro. 8:21). (12) God shall confirm you unto the end (1 Co. 1:8). (13) Eternal inheritance (He. 9:15). (14) Shall be saved from wrath (Ro. 5:9). (15) Cannot be separated from God's love (Ro. 8:31-39).
[This Bible study is from the Way of Life Encyclopedia of the Bible & Christianity, David W. Cloud, copyright 1994, Way of Life Literature, 1701 Harns Rd., Oak Harbor, WA 98277. 500-page Hard cover book $29.95 + $4 S/H. Computer edition for Microsoft Windows on 2-3.5" disks, $49.95 + $4 S/H. Requires a color monitor and 7MB hard disk space.]
David Cloud firstname.lastname@example.org http://wayoflife.org/~dcloud/
1701 Harns Rd., Oak Harbor, WA 98277